Oh, c’mon. You cite a couple of examples outside of Apple and conclude that it has traction??? You’ve got to do a lot better than that.
I can cite several examples of Smalltalk’s commercial usage and claim that it has genuine market traction, but nobody is going to believe me:
- JP Morgan used Smalltalk to write their Kapital financial risk management system.
- Orient Overseas Container Lines used Smalltalk to write their IRIS-2 shipping management system.
- Smalltalk is used by Communications Security Establishment (CSE), Canada’s national cryptologic agency, and many other government agencies.
- Smalltalk is used by Telecom Argentina and Florida Power & Light and many other utility companies.
- Smalltalk is used by Siemens AG and Thales and many other engineering firms.
- Smalltalk is used by Desjardins and UBS and many other financial firms.